A group of people who have planned gifts that reflect their love for their church family
God calls us to be Givers
God is the ultimate giver, and because we are made in God’s image, we reflect God’s generosity. Making charitable contributions is an excellent way to extend God’s presence to others.
Planned gifts are a powerful way to fund ministries and fulfill God’s plan for the church. Through legacy giving, we can together create fully-funded ministries that serve people and proclaim God’s grace to the world.
Becoming a member of the Legacy Circle*
Persons can become members if they have:
- Provided for the church by signing trust documents, wills, life insurance or other agreements that designate a future gift to the congregation; and/or
- Named the congregation as a beneficiary of a life-income agreement, such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust
Why keep FCC in YOUR plans?
An ongoing legacy
Planned giving does more than raise money for the church’s future needs. It allows church members to leave their own ongoing legacy and witness of Jesus Christ.
It is Biblical
The Apostle Paul, in his second letter to the church at Corinth, writes: “So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to go on ahead to you, and arrange in advance for this bountiful gift that you have promised, so that it may be ready as a voluntary gift and not as an extortion.” (2 Corinthians 9:5)
Paul indicates it is not enough to intend to be a good steward. You must plan, and it is by carefully making provisions for a planned gift and implementation of that plan that you will be able to enjoy the fruits of Christian stewardship!
It is inspiring
Inspire others to make a gift with an impact that lasts forever for First Christian Church. We can show our children and grandchildren the example of lives lived with integrity and willingness to learn and grow and remain faithful to the Christian values we proclaim. What better example could we offer than including our church in our estate plans?
Help from your Trustees
You aren’t alone as you explore the options you have. Take a look at this Permanent Fund brochure, which may answer many of your questions and which will give you the next steps. If you would like to talk to a Trustee, please email Alan Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The church was her family. She faithfully attended worship, always sitting near the front and often wearing a hat and “dress” coat. That winter she was saving her money to purchase a much needed wool replacement for that coat. Instead, when she learned of a shortfall in the budget to purchase carpet for the sanctuary, she donated her new coat fund to her church.
Although we no longer walk on that same carpet, Ethel Beeler’s heritage of giving lives on here at First Christian. Ethel made plans to support her church financially beyond her lifetime through a legacy gift. Interest earned from her bequest is part of the distribution received annually from funds invested with the Christian Church Foundation. Could that be your story, too?
* You might already be a Legacy Circle member! If you have made this decision, we invite you to let us know. This information will be held in confidence until we determine, with your input, how to further build your legacy giving. It is our hope that we could celebrate gift intentions while mentoring others to consider similar plans. Talk to a Trustee or email Alan Chapman at email@example.com to advise if you:
- have included First Christian Church in your estate plans and would like to be members of the FCC Legacy Circle.
- would like to have more information about the FCC Legacy Circle.
- have included FCC in your estate plans but would like to remain anonymous at this time.