The Reach Out Ministry
First Christian Church’s commitment to being “a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world” is especially visible through our Reach Out ministry. The Reach Out ministry’s goal is to provide education and support about worldwide, regional, and local ministry opportunities, with an emphasis on connecting and collaborating with our neighbors and the community.
FCC engages in the work of bringing about wholeness in many ways, both locally and globally. Some of the work of the Reach Out ministry includes:
- Gifts for Another Table — the members of FCC support local food pantries, Boys and Girls Club, and Regional Alternative School with needed items
- Adopt-a-Family – – each year FCC members provide gifts for a family in our community
- Visitors and New Members are always welcome
- INtegRIty Counseling, The King’s Carpenters, and Regional Alternative School partnerships
- Compassion Closet through Advocate BroMenn Medical Center partnership
- Disciples Mission Fund — global outreach
- Delegate members of Carle BroMenn
- Fresh Start Ministry — prison ministry for those leaving Lincoln Correctional Center and entering back into
society. Coats, underwear, shoes and clothing are donated by FCC congregants
- The Helping Shelf is our newest outreach. Pictured to the right is our self help food pantry.
Contact: Art or Camille Taylor — Steward email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org